BSR Solutions was contracted by the newly created ASIT to provide project management and other consulting services for a number of its projects within Government and the NGO sector.
The Australian Social Investment Trust (ASIT) was established for the sole purpose of creating a sustainable and effective social governance and funding platform to enable long-term solutions to complex social issues. ASIT has the goal of supporting positive and sustainable cross-sector community based solutions to break the cycle of disadvantage. Their vision is to enable Australian individuals, families and communities to fulfil their potential.
ASIT is an independent, visionary, benevolent umbrella organisation and has a broad outcomes focused remit to create and deliver:
- Social and economic policy and strategy reform;
- Innovative and measurable solutions and initiatives; and
- Collective, collaborative, cross sector governance and funding solutions (including legal and trust functions) enabling long term solutions to be implemented beyond political cycles.
ASIT provides a platform to support a range of investment initiatives, including backbone functions for that support:
- Pooled funding, resource realignment and investment options with social and economic return on investment (ROI);
- Cross sector philanthropic and investment offerings;
- Outcomes measurement and reporting; and
- Sector neutral and community sensitive facilitation and liaison in support of collective social impact initiatives in communities with cross sector organisations and individuals.
BSR Solutions continues to partner with ASIT to provide the skills and experience of our consultants to assist ASIT clients with their ICT and other business support issues.